La Pandemia


We managed to take family pictures last year.


I am a couple months shy of having blogged one year ago. I wasn't really feeling it to be quite honest, with the pandemic and all. Even if I was feeling it, there wasn't much to say. I didn't exactly venture out a lot last year. I was home the majority of the time with my family. I wasn't working much in the beginning, and when I finally started working again, it was very sporadic. 

That being said, I must confess I didn't completely hate 2020. I'm not denying it was a tough year with many obstacles because it was. But it was also a great year in some other aspects. I got to be home with the girls, I got to be with Adele her full first year (and then some), I got to spend time with Mr. A, and we finally got our house! These are things that I'm extremely grateful for. Everything pretty much happened right when we moved in, no joke. We moved in, two weeks later, everything shuts down. I was just happy being in our new home. Trying to get by in a pandemic, and virtual learning in our old place would have been difficult.

I think the things I struggled with the most was not seeing my parents and friends. I didn't see my parents for a little over two months and that was very rough. Not only on me but the girls. They're very attached to my parents and siblings. I would have to try and explain to them the best that I could what the situation was. Sami understood but Emma struggled. The missed milestones were hard too. Sami's 5th grade graduation, Emma's pre-k graduation, Adele's 1st birthday party and baptism, Emma's 5th birthday party etc... I know some people had bigger achievements that they weren't able to celebrate, but these were important to us, and we were looking forward to them. There were times where we'd get "cabin fever" and just go for a drive somewhere. Those were always nice.

After everything started getting worse, family and friends who contracted covid, it made me appreciate the smaller things that much more. Just the fact that we've been able to stay healthy, so far, has been one of the things that I'm most grateful for. We all know someone who has gotten sick at this point, some have recovered and unfortunately, some haven't. Some recovered with lifelong side effects. Some beat it with no symptoms or side effects at all. Some didn't care.

I won't promise I'll blog again soon, I'll try, but no promises. One of the things I do feel has happened since covid hit is me being in a funk. I don't want to do anything. I'm so freaking lazy! Well, lazier than usual haha. Hope everyone is staying safe and doing their part the best way they can. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Pugsley

Sami's First Solo Outing

Oi! Oi!