Food Truck Friday


Sami placing her horchata order.


Horchata craving satisfied.

Super cute coffee truck.



Last Friday I was scrolling through instagram, and one of the many food accounts that I follow (I should seriously start unfollowing some), Don Abel's Churros, popped up on my feed. I had been wanting to try them out for quite sometime, but with the pandemic, and the kids, and laziness, I never really got around to it. I finally decided that now is the time to give this spot a try. I asked Sami if she was down to go with me on a churro run, she was. She's usually always down to go on last minute errands with me, even if it's just a curbside pick up, which it usually is. She asked if there was gonna be other food trucks because she was in the mood for some horchata, I said yes, and off we went. 

The original spot was off of Pioneer and Washington, but it was relocated to Pioneer High school. I thought there was going to be a lot more food trucks, but then again, I really didn't walk around much. I was just mainly there for the churros, and that was the first food truck on the lot. There was a little line going, but it was slow. I figured I'd have Sami get her horchata while I waited in line for the churros. There was a taco truck directly in front of the churro truck, so I had Sami walk over and ask if they sold horchata so we can get that out of the way. There was no line, and I can see her perfectly from where I was standing. I couldn't help but get feelings seeing how my baby girl is growing up and turning into a little woman. She's becoming more and more independent, and beginning to establish her character. She ordered her horchata, and waited at the window where you place your order, not realizing there was a separate pick-up window. I thought it was the cutest thing. The person in the truck eventually got her attention and Sami picked up her horchata. When she walked backed to where I was, she said she was a little nervous ordering. I told her I giggled a little seeing how she didn't realize there was a pick-up window. 

I eventually got my churros, and cafe de olla (they were giving away free coffee with your churro purchase), and we made our way home. We talked, and made plans to come back the following week. There was a super cute coffee truck that I wanted to try, and I also want to try the tacos. Being new to the area, and not being able to venture out much, we've yet to find the perfect taco spot. Friday made me realize that my baby girl is growing up, and her being down to go run insignificant errands, might eventually change. I'm going to enjoy this as much as I can, and I hope her wanting to hang out with her (awesome) mom, doesn't change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Pugsley

Sami's First Solo Outing

Oi! Oi!